Glendale Online Learning Experience
We, at Glendale have always believed in being future-ready to deal with any kind of unprecedented challenge. Hence we were ahead of the curve in starting online classes when this unforeseen pandemic hit the globe!
We can proudly say that we were among the first to start o line classes in March immediately post lockdown! We took the online classes a step further by including not just academics but also co-curricular activities, virtual PTMs and even virtual summer camps! And to leave no stone unturned our team worked through the summer vacation to upgrade their skills through webinars and training sessions! We created an online encyclopaedia of virtual terms titled * Glendale Online Learning Encyclopedia* and we have also come up with an ABCs of Virtual Learning to guide our teachers in the New Normal.
We have ensured optimal screen time and a balanced curriculum with a healthy mix of screen time, breaks, activities and assessments to keep our students engaged and the learning outcome optimal!
Come and be part of our virtual learning program where students are “learning everyday and loving every minute!”
The Glendale Differentiators
- Leveraging Global expertise: We have done extensive research on this from schools across the Globe
- Learning Updation: We have attended many webinars and taken ideas and consensus from educators and psychiatrists.
- GOLE-Glendale Online Learning Encyclopedia to support virtual learning: Glendale's pedagogy completely supports online learning. We have our ABC's of virtual classes in place.
- Cultivating Character and Competence: 7 habits, the MI's and the UNSDG's help holistic development of students. We have researched on multiple remote learning resources-apps, tools which are very helpful and interesting for students and parents
- Future Ready with technical tools: We have adapted tools like Google meet, Microsoft teams that make online learning ready and accessible.
- Global standards for optimal screen time: Keeping in mind that the children are so young and mostly below 8 years the classes have been designed with more activity and movement to keep the learners optimally engaged.
- Individualized Attention: The no. of children in each session is 10-12 only so that interaction becomes more personalised. In Nursery it is only 4 students per session.
- Right Brain Activities: We have included Art and craft, Dance, Music and PE also in our timetable so that creativity and fitness are part of the curriculum.
- Teacher Training and Professional Development: Our teachers also have undergone immense training to make the digital learning smooth and interesting.
- Screen time: Screen time for students has been extensively researched and made it age appropriate.
Google meet and Microsoft teams are safe platforms where data won't be compromised. We are not using free platforms such as zoom
- Leader in Me approach: We have the Wildly Important Goals in place-giving most priority to Whole Person Approach.
- SEL: The Socio Emotional learning is given utmost importance and our Counsellor will have sessions with our students ...this is the need of the hour.
- A perfect blend: Synchronous and asynchronous learning are clearly planned and implemented